Developmental Assessments

Families usually have the option to obtain a developmental evaluation through their school district's Child Find. However, if personnel are not available, districts may wish to contract this service. Having worked with young children for many years as a child care provider in day care, babysitter, and as a School Psychologist, Georginia has developed an understanding of typical development in early childhood. She can use standardized and norm-referenced assessments to determine if a child birth to 5 is developing typically or has any delays in the areas of cognitive, social-emotional, pre-academic, and adaptive skills. She has a well-developed understanding of communication and motor development as well and can screen those areas. Should concerns for development be found in communication or motor, she will recommended a Speech Language Pathologist and/or Occupational Therapist assess these areas if they are not already involved.